CCW hosted the Regional Industry Advisory Meeting for Talent Development in Water Distribution and Wastewater Treatment, May 28th, 2020.
This event brought together college faculty with employers to align college program development related to Water Distribution and Wastewater Treatment. The event supported the goal of establishing talent pipelines and work-based learning opportunities.
The Look Book of the event provides details on speakers, industry representatives, college program information, and related meeting agenda information. View it here: CCW Water Advisory Look Book
View the slide presentation here: Water Regional Program Advisory Slide Deck
- Industry workforce trends
- Industry trends used to access entry-level talent
- Technology and AI impacts
- Opportunities to bridge knowledge, talent and certification gaps
- Six Los Angeles Community Colleges participated: Citrus College, Glendale Community College, Los Angeles Harbor College, Los Angeles Trade Technical College, Mt. San Antonio College and Rio Hondo College.
- Speakers / Employers at the event:
- Adrian Hightower, Education Unit Manager at the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Eric Gonzales, Project Manager at Perc Water Corporation
- Heidi HK Hiraoka, Chief of Staff of the Water System at the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Rob Beste, Assistant General Manager and Chief Operating Officer at the Water Replenishment District
- Steve Torres, Water Utility Superintendent with the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power at the Los Angeles Aqueduct Filtration Plant
- Thomas Wong, Board President of the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District
The meeting was led by:
- Bruce Noble, Regional Director, Employer Engagement, California Community College System
- Richard Verches, Executive Director of CCW
- Jessica Ku Kim, Sr. Director of Workforce Development, LAEDC
Please contact Isabel Duran at LAEDC with questions, [email protected]
Jessica Ku Kim
PICTURES FROM THE MEETING