CCW hosted the Regional ICT Industry Advisory Meeting for Talent Development in Cloud Computing on May 29th, 2020.
The LA Regional Director of Employer Engagement for ICT, California Cloud Workforce, Center for a Competitive Workforce and LAEDC convened an ICT Regional Industry Advisory meeting around the future of Cloud Computing. The event was exclusively for faculty and members of all 19 Los Angeles Community Colleges and convened top employers in the region. This meeting served to guide community colleges in their curriculum development and also developed relationships to establish talent pipelines and work-based learning opportunities.
The Look Book of the event provides details on speakers, industry representatives, college program information, and related meeting agenda information. View it here: CCW Cloud Computing Look Book
View the slide presentation here: Cloud Computing Program Advisory Slide Deck
- Industry workforce trends
- Industry trends used to access entry-level talent
- Technology and AI impacts
- Opportunities to bridge knowledge, talent and certification gaps
- Thirteen Los Angeles Community Colleges participated: Cerritos College, Citrus College, East Los Angeles College, El Camino College, Glendale Community College, Long Beach City College, Los Angeles Harbor College, Los Angeles Mission College, Los Angeles Pierce College, Mt. San Antonio College, Pasadena City College, Santa Monica College and West Los Angeles College.
- Speakers / Employers at the event:
• Dan Macfetridge, Global Employer Lead at Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Joanne Peterson, Chief of Human Capital and Development at Los Angeles Metro
• Kevin Griffin, Senior Practice Director of Technology Enablement at Slalom Consulting
• Manish Bhardia, Partner at Think AI Corporation
• Mariana Holliday, International Program Manager on the AWS Educate Cloud Degree Team
• Mike Berman, Principal Program Manager for AWS Educate
• Myra Roldan, Lead Technical Curriculum Program Manager on the AWS Educate Cloud Degree Team
• Wendy Pantano, Senior Technical Recruiter at CDW Integrated Technology Solutions
The meeting was led by:
- Charlotte Augenstein, ICT/DM Regional Director – Los Angeles
- Richard Verches, Executive Director of CCW
- Jessica Ku Kim, Sr. Director of Workforce Development, LAEDC
Jessica Ku Kim
PICTURES FROM THE MEETING