Forcyte Biotechnologies is a VC & Y Combinator-backed biotechnology startup building the world’s first
Mechano-Genomic Atlas using patented biotechnologies invented at UCLA to guide the development of better
drugs, faster, for patients. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a razor-sharp, self-starting, and
scientifically-minded Bioengineer who is eager to work on exciting technology to join our team of 4 FTEs and
numerous accomplished biopharma consultants and advisors.
The Bioengineer position will be responsible for assisting our Engineering team in manufacturing specialized
assay multi-well plates, performing quality controls on production, and general research and development tasks.
The Bioengineer position requires extreme attention to small details and the ability to follow standard operating
procedures exactly. As an early employee at Forcyte – this position will make significant contributions to the
overall technical infrastructure, processes, and direction of the company.
• Assist in maintaining internal production line for FLECS multi-well plate.
• Prepare and QC continuous supply of multi-well plate.
• Assist in R&D tasks relating to innovations of Forcyte’s base platform.
• Routine lab maintenance activities and careful documentation of all experiments
• B.S. or better in an Engineering or Physics major
• Minimum 2 years experience working in a wet research laboratory
• Ability to rigorously document all processes, experiments, and results
• Cleanroom / microfabrication experience and understanding of MEMS processes
• Skills in fluorescent microscopy
• Experience in MATLAB, Python, R, and Database software.
Competitive candidates will be natural problem-solvers with a bias for action, able and willing to work in a fast-
paced startup environment that, at times, will call for cross-functional responsibilities to support the greater team effort. They will embrace the dynamic nature of early-stage startups and take pride in their lasting
contributions to the long-term trajectory of the company.
Location: 570 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 (on UCLA campus) – NOT REMOTE
Commitment: Full-time exempt employment, occasional responsibilities outside of business hours or on
weekends. 90 days initial probationary period.
Compensation: Competitive salary & stock options package with full health benefits. Parking expenses covered.
Please apply at www.ForcyteBio.com/apply and select Bioengineer job listing.