Helping individuals explore entrepreneurship as an alternative way of making a living by providing 1 on 1 technical assistance and providing entrepreneurship training programs via zoom classroom setting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide individualized counseling and training of the entire business start-up process to clients
- Provide resources and referrals to clients
- Outreach to clients via media, networking, outreach, site visits, community fairs, cross agency networks, etc.
- Provide training via presentations
- Design training, coordinate speakers, and create marketing material for training events
- Stay up to date with relevant industry knowledge
- Represent the agency and program in public
- Build and maintain relationship with community, political, governmental, business agencies, organizations, financial institutions, and economic development authorities
- Ensure program goals and objectives and completed in a timely manner including reporting requirements from all funding parties
- Provide support for the CED department in general
- Bilingual, including ability to read and write, in English and Chinese (Cantonese
and/or Mandarin) required.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent of 4 years work experience in relevant fields.
- Competent in computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and conformity to procedure required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to coordinate and cooperate with others required.
- Experience preparing written reports, correspondence and other documents required.
- Word processing and data entry experience on Macintosh, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have valid California Driver’s License, auto insurance and available transportation.
- Ability to work on weekends and evenings as needed.
Location: 767 N. Hill St., Los Angeles, CA 90012