LAEDC’s Workforce Development team, in partnership with the Los Angeles Regional Consortium, hosted a virtual Digital Media & Entertainment regional program advisory meeting on April 11th from 11am – 1pm. This was a closed meeting for industry partners and the Los Angeles community college faculty and Deans.
This meeting examined trends in Digital Media & Entertainment occupations in Los Angeles and facilitated dialogue with our region’s community colleges regarding programs and certificates. This meeting serves to guide community colleges in their curriculum development and strengthen their position as the leading source of future talent.
- Nancy Robinson, Director of Education Programs, Television Academy Foundation
- Sasheen Artis, Founder/CEO, Plenty of Pie
- La Mer Walker, Managing Director, ORIGYN Digital Media
- Kathy Bañuelos, Senior Vice President of State Government Affairs, Motion Picture Association
- Yvette Estrada, Director of Government Affairs, NBCUniversal
- Ava Goldson Crews, Creative & Production Impact, Warner Bros. Discovery
- Marco Flores, Vice President of News & West Coast Regional Lead for KMEX Univision 34 Los Angeles, Univision Communications Inc.
Further information is available in our Digital Media & Entertainment Regional Program Advisory lookbook, key points, and slide deck.
The recording can be accessed here.