LAEDC’s Workforce Development team, in partnership with the Los Angeles Regional Consortium, hosted a hybrid regional program advisory around Bioscience during LA’s Biotech week on October 14th from 11am – 1pm at BioscienceLA in Culver City. This was a closed meeting for industry partners and the Los Angeles community college faculty and Deans.
This meeting examined trends in Bioscience occupations in Los Angeles and facilitated dialogue with our region’s community colleges regarding programs and certificates. This meeting serves to guide community colleges in their curriculum development and strengthen their position as the leading source of future talent.
Speakers / Employers at the event:
- Casey O’Neill, Program Manager at Biocom
- David J. Whelan, Chief Executive Officer at BioscienceLA
- Rita Blaik, Director of Education at the California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI) at UCLA
- Lucy Abgaryan, Chief Executive Officer at Gritt Gene Therapeutics
- Rohit K. Shukla, Chief Executive Officer at Larta Institute
- Judy Hsieh, Head of Program Operations and interim Program Director at Larta Institute
- Shannon O. Sullivan, Executive Director at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Bryan Gerber, Co-Managing Director at Nucleate
Key Community College Talent Supply Data Points Presented by Center of Excellence (COE)
Further information is available in our Bioscience Program Advisory look book and key takeaways.
The presentation slide deck can be accessed here.
Please email Mariana Hernandez with any questions and/or to get involved.